Sunday, September 09, 2012

Tomatoes, Zucchini and Apples, Oh My!

Hello from the bush!

The other day was a very good tomato harvest day for us. They taste so sweet and such a nice colour! Wonderful in both the salad and the sandwiches we ate.

We were lucky enough this morning to be invited to a friend's orchard, to pick all we wanted. By my rough guess we picked somewhere around 10 pounds of apples. They were on the smallish side, but firm, very red, and did I mention free? Of course, we'll make him a couple of pies for all his help, with both the apples and some other things that are still "classified" as yet.

Another friend gave us a massive zucchini yesterday, there is zucchini relish in it's future! So tomorrow is all about fruit and veggie prep here.

Tuesday I think we'll go foraging in the bush.

What's new where you live?

2 comments:

The Cranky said...

It all sounds wonderful Tankeboo; yum on the tomatoes especially!

Classified information eh? Sounds interesting to say the least!

LindaM said...

Great bounty for you! The gods must be pleased:)

Black turtle beans- given to me by my Amish friend who just harvested them. We sorted through them together and I made chili the next day. Yum!